Procedure Via REMITA Platform
Remita is an e-Payments and e-Collections solution on a single multi-bank platform. Developed by systemspecs and adopted by the Central Bank of Nigeria for the payment and collections of funds on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria and used by all 22 commercial banks and over 400 micro finance banks, Remita has significantly assisted to revolutionize the e-payment industry in Nigeria.
How to Generate Federal Government Colleges and Federal government agencies RRR code and invoice for onward payments.
- Visit the website www.remita.net and click on pay a remita customer bill.
- On the field who do you want to pay, type in the remita account number for the agency or parastatal.
- Name of service/purpose ==> if you are paying for school fee, select the option overhead or select the service for which your payment is meant.
- Amount to Pay ==> type in the payment amount in this section.
- Payer’s Address, ==> this field is compulsory. It is the residential or contact address of the payer.
- Description ==> this field is optional you, you can fill or leave it. It’s used to enter more details of the services you are paying for.
- Payers’ full name ==> this field is mandatory, type in your full name. If you are paying for someone else, type the name of the person for which the payment is meant.
- Payer’s phone Number ==> enter the phone number of the payer.
- Email Address ==> enter a valid and funtional email address. Payment details will be sent here.
- Captcha ==> used to verify that the person sending the information through the internet is a human, enter the characters shown to you. Remember that it is case sensitive. If you cannot see the characters clearly, click on Refresh Captcha.
- Proceed to Payment ==> click on this button when you are through filling all necessary information needed.
- On the next page that loads, click on print invoice.
Print two copies and take to the bank for payment.
NOTE THAT YOU USE THIS METHOD WHEN YOU KNOW THE ACCOUNT NUMBER OF THE RECIPIENT/YOUR MDA.
To generate your RRR for any agency, proceed as follow:
- Visit www.remita.net
- Click on pay a Federal government agency.
- On the next screen, begin to type the name of your MDA, ie the beneficiary.
- As you type, registered agencies will be displayed alphabetically with their account numbers.
- Select the one that applies to your payment.
- After making the selection, more options will be displayed.
- Select the purpose of the payment from the drop down list for your MDA.
- Note that options with asterisks are compulsory.
- Follow the other procedure as described above by typing the payer’s name, address, payment purpose under comment.
- Fill in the phone number of the student or payer and his or her email address in the appropriate sections. You can type in any valid email address.
- Fill in the captcha and click on “proceed to payment”.
- On the next page, select your payment method from one of the options.
- Your RRR will be displayed on this page. You can copy or print the page and proceed to the bank to continue the payment or use any of the available online payment methods.
Remita RRR generation pagepage