Mercy Chinwo Biography, Ministry, Songs, Age, Church, Marriage, Networth
Mercy Chinwo’s Biography, Ministry and Awards
Mercy Nnenda Chinwo was born on September 5, 1990, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. She is the fourth child in a family of five, and is the first daughter of her parents.
Mercy Chinwo became involved in music at a very young age, being a member of her church’s children’s choir and transitioning to the adult choir before launching her musical career.
The artist is a Nigerian gospel musician and songwriter, who has been in the acting career, and won the Nigerian Idol in 2012. A year after her victory, she landed a film role in Yvonne Nelson’s movie, titled “House of Gold”, where she featured along other celebrities like Majid Michel, Omawumi, and Yvonne Nelson herself.
Mercy Chinwo released her first single, “Testimony”, in 2015, and “Igwe” in 2016. In 2017, Mercy Chinwo signed with the gospel music record label EeZee Conceptz.
In 2019, at the first edition of the Africa Gospel Awards Festival (AGAFEST 2019), Mercy Chinwo was named the winner in the categories Africa Gospel New Artiste of the Year, Africa Gospel Female Artiste of the Year and Africa Gospel Song of the Year with her song “Excess Love”.
List of Songs and Albums by Mercy Chinwo
List of albums released by Mercy Chinwo
- The Cross my gaze – Her debut album released in 2018.
- Satisfied – Her sophomore album released in 2020.
List of singles released by Mercy Chinwo
- Testimony – her first single released in 2015
- Igwe – released in 2016
- Excess love – released in 2018
- Omekannaya – released in 2018
- Chinedum – released in 2018
- No more pain – released in 2018
- Power belongs to Jesus – released in 2019
- Akamdinelu – released in 2019
- Oh Jesus – released in 2019
- Obinasom – released in 2020